March 1, 2018 – Early Bird Deadline – 11:59pm
Features – $52.50
Mini-Featurettes – $35.00
Shorts/Drones/Webisodes – $32.50
Music Videos – $25.00
June 1, 2018 – Regular Deadline – 11:59pm
Features – $95.00
Mini-Featurettes – $60.00
Shorts/Drones/Webisodes – $55.00
Music Videos – $35.00
August 1, 2018 – LATE Submission Deadline – 11:59pm
Features – $110.00
Mini-Featurettes – $80.00
Shorts/Drones/Webisodes – $75.00
Music Videos – $50.00
Hal Wixon, founder of The Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival, announces the opening of the festival for submissions for judging for the 20th Annual Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival to be held on Friday and Saturday, September 21 and 22, 2018. Two days of finalist screenings will take place at the Lakewood Yacht Club in Seabrook Texas, just outside of Houston, with the Awards Dinner and presentations on Saturday evening.
To be considered “Entered” all entry forms, materials and payments MUST be RECEIVED no later than 11:59PM, August 1st 2018 by email, postal mail or hand delivered to the festival organizer. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Download the: Gulf Coast Film and Video Festival 2018
1. To Enter your project fill out the entry form, pay your fee and submit additional materials.
2. As part of entering your project AND if your project qualifies AND is selected for screening, your production company or your project has the opportunity for inclusion in the program which is distributed to each ticket holder at the Awards Presentation. This is a FREE opportunity for your production company or project to get a little extra notice and publicity.
If you enter a FEATURE (90 – 120 minutes) project you will receive a 1/2 page ad in the program book.
If you enter a MINI-FEATURETTE (16-89 minutes) project you will receive a 1/4 page ad in the program book.
If you enter a SHORT, DRONE, WEBISODE (less than 16 minutes) or MUSIC VIDEO project you will receive a Business size ad in the program book.
(All artwork must be in either a high resolution PDF or JPEG format, must be camera ready, it must be submitted soon after you are notified that your project is a finalist and will be screened AND must be received no later than our print deadline of August 15, 2017 )
See our: Sponsorship Friends Page
Since this is a FREE opportunity NO WARRANTIES are implied or inferred and no guarantees are made. This is all dependent on you providing us with an eGraphic and/or Logo.
What Kind of Projects are Accepted?
The Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival is accepting MOVIE/FILM projects in the following lengths:
1. Features: Between 90-120-minutes in total running time.
2. Mini-Featurettes 16-89 minutes in total running time.
3. Shorts/Drones: projects less than 16-minutes in total running time.
4. Webisodes: Projects less than 15-minutes in total running time.
6. Music videos: 4 minutes or less in total running time.
PAY SUBMISSION FEES BELOW:
1. Features (60-90 minutes in running time): Late Fee: $110.00
2. Regular Length (16-45 minutes in running time): Late Fee: $80
4. Shorts (projects less than 15 minutes in running time): Late Fee: $75
5. Webisodes (projects less than 15 minutes in running time): Late Fee $75
6. Drone Projects (projects less than 15 minutes in running time): Late Fee $75
7. Music Videos: ( projects less than 3-minutes in running time): Late Fee: $50
Categories Accepted by the Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival:
NOTE: The categories do NOT represent Award Categories.
1. Features – in all genres.
2. Mini Featurettes – in all genres
3. Shorts – in all genres.
4. Documentaries (feature, Mini Featurettes and short)
5. Animation (feature, Mini Featurette, short and all genres)
6. Foreign Language, with subtitles in English. (feature, Mini Featurettes, short and all genres)
7. Art/Experimental (feature, Mini Featurettes/short)
8. Student Projects (feature, Mini Featurette, short and all genres)
9. Music Videos (less than 3-minutes in total running time – Any Genre except gangster or hate music)
(A music Video is defined as an artistic form of expression incorporating both storytelling and music as the central and focus of the medium. Original music and the interpretation of that music through a directed and visual story from beginning to end comprise a music video in the traditional sense of the definition.)
11: Wedisodes (Projects less than 15-minutes in running time)
12. Drone Projects: (Projects less than 15-minutes in running time).
NOTE: The Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival reserves the right to reject your project based on any content that it deems to be inappropriate and/or offensive for its viewers AND/OR deemed not in advancement with the goals and mission of this festival. The festival does NOT discriminate based on race, religion, faith, nationality, age, gender or political ideology.
BEFORE YOU OPEN AND FILL OUT THE 2017 ENTRY FORM
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE TO THE FESTIVAL AS A “PACKAGE” ALONG WITH THE ENTRY FORM.
To ensure fairness, integrity and quality, the Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival has established a few requirements that will provide the festival with the necessary tools to make your experience with the GCFVF a memorable one. Your project is important to YOU. It is also important to US and we want our followers and fans to share in the experience that is YOUR project. Most, if not all, of your submitted material will be the basis for information on our website.
Please send the following (except your DVD and your payment, unless payment is by PayPal) via email to: HalWixon@aol.com Subject: Website Material
YOU MUST submit:
A checklist can be found on the entry form as well.
1. The original filled out PDF copy or hard copy of the Official Entry Form, signed and dated.
2. A DVD of your completed and competition Project
(Be absolutely sure that the DVD CAN BE PLAYED ON A DVD PLAYER and not just on your computer). We are not responsible if your project can NOT be shown.
3. A Brief Synopsis of the Film (email this)
4. Biography of the director (less than 500 words), if possible with links to: Project website, Personal website, production company website, IMDB link and project trailer (email this)
5. Cast List (email this)
6. A JPEG graphic of your movie poster with the title of the project on it. NOT a thumbnail. (email this)
6. Film Credits, if you don’t have an IMDB page/link. (email this)
7. Your Payment (is non-refundable, even if your project is NOT screened or nominated)
All payments should be made to the order of “The Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival”. Acceptable payments include Check, Money Order or via PayPal account. If you live outside the U.S.A., please convert your payment to USD. PayPay email: email@example.com
By entering the official Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival website at: www.GulfCoastFilmFest.com and by reading the information on the various pages on the website, by opening, signing, sending the official 2017 Entry Form and making a non-refundable payment to the Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival and submitting your project for consideration, you are entering a contract with the Festival and you hereby represent that you have read the rules, guidelines and/or requirements for submitting your project to the Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival, you further, allow the Festival to present and duplicate your project for screening and allow the use of any and all pictures, videos, trailers, posters, information, press kits, about the project, its crew and actors for publicity and festival use. You further understand that submitting your project does NOT guarantee, expressed, implied or inferred, that the project will be screened or that the project will win an award and you understand that this festival is a judged competition and there is NO inference implied or otherwise that an award is presented until officially announced at the Presentation Award Gala and Dinner. You further hold harmless, the Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival, for screening and technical failures, loss or damage of submitted materials or scheduling conflicts and/or Failures, known and unknown.
AWARDS AND RIGHTS:
The Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival does NOT guarantee any entrant, in any way, shape or form the right to an award. This is a competitive entry festival and only ONE winner per AWARD category will be announced and given an award if they meet the high caliber of movie-making skills that warrant recognition. All entered projects will be viewed by chosen and selected industry professionals for judging. (The judges names are NOT released to the public or to entrants.) The criteria and merits are based on rank where a “bar” is set. All projects thereafter will meet or exceed that bar and will merit an award.
Should NO project meet the criteria, NO award will be given for that Award category for that year.
What is the Criteria? For the establishment of a competitive spirit, only the judges and the executive committee will know what criteria is being used and implemented for that particular year. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO FEEDBACK.
1. WHO WILL RECEIVE THE AWARD?
It is the goal of the Gulf Coast film & Video Festival to recognize the accomplishments of those that have merited an Award for their outstanding project. Ordinarily, it is the “DIRECTOR” of the project that will receive an award with his/her name inscribed on the award’s plate in a winning category (unless otherwise noted). If the Director is NOT present at the awards presentation, the award will be given to the teams representative who will accept the award on behalf of the non-present member OR MAILED TO THE OFFICIAL CONTACT LISTED ON THE ENTRY FORM, if no one is present at the awards ceremony. In case there are multiple “DIRECTORS” (two or more directors) for a single project, no name will be inscribed on the award’s plate and the team member(s) present at the awards presentation will receive and accept the award as a group. If NO members of the team are present and/or NO directors are present at the ceremony, the Award WILL BE MAILED TO THE OFFICIAL CONTACT LISTED ON THE ENTRY FORM. ONLY one award per category will be given out.
2. WHAT IF THERE ARE MULTIPLE DIRECTORS AND I WANT MY AWARD?
If your project has multiple directors and no name is inscribed on the award, YOUR team will have to decide who will receive that particular award. However, you may purchase your own award (the exact award given out) inscribed with your name on the Award plate for a fee to cover the cost and postage of the award. For duplicate awards with your name inscribed on the Award plate, request your award by emailing the director of the Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival. Hal Wixon, at HalWixon@aol.com or by calling Mr. Wixon at: 281-333-5804 for inquiries and for rates.
3. CAN I PURCHASE MY OWN AWARD IF I AM NOT THE DIRECTOR?
If your project wins an award from the Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival and you are NOT the Director, you are entitled to purchase and receive your own award with your name inscribed on the Award’s plate in recognition of YOUR efforts in completing this award-winning project. You may purchase your own award (the exact award given out) inscribed with your name on the Award plate for a fee to cover the cost and postage of the award. For duplicate awards with your name inscribed on the Award plate, request your award by emailing the director of the Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival. Hal Wixon, at HalWixon@aol.com or by calling Mr. Wixon at: 281-333-5804 for inquiries and for rates.
Should you have ANY questions or concerns regarding ANY of the Rules, Guidelines or forms, please feel free to contact the organizer and founder of the Gulf Coast Film & Video Festival, Hal Wixon at: HalWixon@aol.com or by calling Mr. Wixon at: 281.333.5804 between 9AM to 4PM Monday through Friday.
WE hope to see you at the festival. Bring your Camera!!!